Requirement Of Membership
Members shall include:
- Editors-in-Chief, Managing Editors, Editors and Deputy Editors of Daily, Weekly, Newspapers and Magazines published in Nigeria.
- Directors, Deputy Directors of News and Current Affairs of Radio and Television stations in Nigeria.
- Editors-in-Chief, Managing Editors, and Deputy Editors-in Chief of News Agencies. Publishers and editors of online news media based in Nigeria and who serve as editors of print and broadcasting media for a cumulative period of 10 years, Publishers and owners of broadcast media and who in the opinion of the standing Committee shall have attended ade3quate journalistic training and standing to qualify for membership of the Guild.
- Chairmen of recognized Editorial Boards of Daily ,Weekly , Monthly and Quarterly newspapers, magazines published in Nigeria and Broadcast media who have previously served as Editors.
- Nigerian heads of international news agencies who have been Editors
- Administrators/Heads of recognized and accredited Journalism Training Institutions and Lecturers of Mass Communication in universities who have editors.
- Deputy Editors of recognized Daily ,Weekly , Monthly and Quarterly newspapers and magazines published in Nigeria